January 20, 2016 § Leave a comment
Live chat support software is a great way to ensure visitors to your SaaS site are successful – or at least tell you what went wrong. An in-page widget with a friendly human being on the other side is much more approachable than a link to anonymous forum!
Unfortunately, few startups are able to guarantee 24×7 coverage, which means you need a easy-to-use tool with a good fallback user experience for when nobody is available to chat. Here is what appear to be the best options as of January 2016.
November 20, 2015 § Leave a comment
- Vision: What does success look like?
Humanity: What do you need to succeed?
Process: How do we ensure everyone gets what they need?
August 7, 2015 § 1 Comment
A Bibliography, mostly discussing UX Design but a little on the related issue of Architectural Design.
- A List Apart: Getting Real about Agile Design
- The uneasy relationships between design and agile
- SPARC: What an Agile Design Process looks like
- Thought Works: Just Enough Design
- Martin Fowler: Is Design Dead?
- Design Spikes
- Enough Design Up Front
- Overcoming Why Designers Resist Agile
- Agile Web Design Manifesto
- Agile Modeling: Agile Design Practices (architecture-focused)
- How does Design get done on an Agile Project?
- The Last Responsible Moment for Design
- Stack Exchange: How is architectural design done in an agile environment?
- Full Day Training: Lean UX and Agile
- 12 emerging best practices for adding UX work to Agile development
- Atlasssian: Collaborative design in agile teams (video)
August 5, 2015 § Leave a comment
In no particular order
- Financial Management
- Public Performance
- Fitness Training
Did I miss anything?
July 2, 2015 § Leave a comment
Most organizations’ financial structures are designed for predictability rather than explosive growth.
To change that, we must:
Invest Constructively in Passion
1. Align Incentives
- Learn what people deeply want.
- Articulate how they can pursue that by contributing to the organization’s mission
2. Unleash Talent
- Learn where people are the happiest and most productive.
- Build support systems that allow them to maximize flow.
3. Virtualize Infrastructure
- Learn which essential tasks nobody is able to do efficiently and awesomely.
- Sell those to a business that sees the opportunity.
May 21, 2015 § Leave a comment
Terms, flows, roles, success criteria, open questions
Characterize and identify Customer Zero
Enable Customer Zero to deploy a minimally viable app
Deliver a coherent and sustainable ecosystem