March 18, 2016 § Leave a comment
I deeply appreciate and respect the new focus and push for 21st-century learning outcomes. I just don’t think they go far enough.
Here are the four core character traits that I believe are foundational to creating those outcomes, as well as healthier individuals, communities, and society.
July 2, 2015 § Leave a comment
Most organizations’ financial structures are designed for predictability rather than explosive growth.
To change that, we must:
Invest Constructively in Passion
1. Align Incentives
- Learn what people deeply want.
- Articulate how they can pursue that by contributing to the organization’s mission
2. Unleash Talent
- Learn where people are the happiest and most productive.
- Build support systems that allow them to maximize flow.
3. Virtualize Infrastructure
- Learn which essential tasks nobody is able to do efficiently and awesomely.
- Sell those to a business that sees the opportunity.
July 11, 2012 § Leave a comment