Google Chrome: First impressions
September 3, 2008 § Leave a comment
[not a real review, just a place for me to take notes]
- Reasonably fast. Of course, I never use Windows normally, so I don’t have a good baseline, but at least the process-per-tab thingie isn’t overly obnoxious.
- They should’ve called it “Tabby” or something, since that’s the overriding design theme
- The OmniBox is surprisingly useful
- Bookmarks aren’t editable in place; that’s one of my favorite Safari features
- “New Tab” is a clever idea, but I haven’t browsed enough for it to be useful; and snapshots appear to be broken at the moment.
See my Delicious feed for more chrome-related links